Abstract – Acrylics
Art Workshop £35.00
Date: 21 November 2020
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
This workshop will teach you how. As a starting point we will work from life then progress to working from imagination based on a concept and inspiration images.
- The basics of abstraction – abstraction from life
- Tapping into the sub-conscious
- Composition – creating a unified picture
- Colour theory
‘An interesting and enjoyable experience. Accessible to all abilities and with great support.’ (student review)
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no password required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat 🙂
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Printed photograph of your inspiration image of flowers OR you could to set up outside and paint from your garden
- Coloured chalk pastels
- Board (so support your paper)
- Paper towels / tissue
- Acrylic paints (all primary colours plus black and white)
- Brushes (variety of sizes)
- Large brush for priming canvas
- Canvas (A4 or bigger)
- Palette knives
- Palettes – Paper plates for acrylics or plastic lids would work
- Rags or newspaper to wipe brushes
- Comfortable old clothes to work in
- Table cloth to protect table
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Images: Participant work from previous class
Bookings are closed for this event.
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.