Exploring Landscapes and Cityscapes – Mixed media (2x sessions)
Art Course £45.00
Date: 5 December 2020
Time: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Course Description: Through the exploration of perspective and composition participants will be taught a variety of drawing and ink techniques to represent our environment, both landscape and cityscapes. This 2x session course is ideal for anyone who would like to learn skills to gain the confidence to draw and paint from life and experiment with different multi media techniques that incorporate both drawing and painting.
Saturday December 5th & 12th
10.00am – 12.30pm
Day 1: Charcoal, Charcoal Pencil & White Acrylic
Day 2: Ink, Pen, Watercolour & Acrylic
- Setting out techniques; composition
- Perspective and architecture
- Measuring and finding angles
- Choosing your subject matter & simplifying
- Mixed media techniques
– Inspiration images, variety of landscapes and cityscapes printed out
– Watercolour paper or thicker paper (a couple sheets)
– Watercolour paints, either in pans or tubes.
-Black ink and pens or markers
-Charcoal, charcoal pencils
– Tissue (paper towel, tp)
– Rubber / Pencil
– Sponge can be a sea sponge or any sponge you have
– Cup for water
– Palette or white plate
– Brushes (a variety of sizes and shapes)
– Painters tape
– Scrap paper to text colours
– Blade or pocket knife
– Piece of clear or white candle OR masking fluid
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop. I will send you a link invite via email and a password to get in.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.