Impressionism & Mixing Colour – Landscapes
Art Workshop £35.00
Date: 22 November 2020
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Have you ever wondered why you struggle mixing colour to achieve that green you had in mind? Well, come along and learn!
In this one day course you will learn painting techniques used by impressionist painters and how to mix colour. This class is a great starting point for anyone new to painting or that would like to learn in depth colour theory and mixing techniques.
We will work from landscape inspiration photographs to practice Impressionism, colour mixing and landscape painting techniques.
- A bit of history; Impressionism
- Setting out; Preparing your surface, choosing a composition
- Mapping light and dark values
- Colour theory
- Mark making
- Acrylic painting techniques
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no password required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat 🙂
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Printed photograph of your inspiration landscape image (this should be a photograph from life rather than a painting)
- Coloured chalk pastels
- Board (so support your paper)
- Paper towels / tissue
- Acrylic paints (all primary colours plus black and white)
- Brushes (variety of sizes)
- Large brush for priming canvas
- Canvas (A4 or bigger)
- Palette knives
- Palettes – Paper plates for acrylics or plastic lids would work
- Rags or newspaper to wipe brushes
- Comfortable old clothes to work in
- Table cloth to protect table
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.