Impressionism & Capturing Light – Still Life Painting
Art Workshop £35.00
Date: 17 January 2021
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Through the practice of painting a still life, participants will learn techniques used by impressionist painters and how to depict the fleeting nature of light.
We will start the session by looking at the role that light has played in art throughout the ages, followed by a painting tutorial, then on to painting practice.
* Open to all experience levels
- Setting out; Preparing your surface, choosing a composition
- Mapping light and dark values
- Mark making
- Colour theory
- Acrylic painting techniques
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no password required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Still life set up. This can be a bowl of fruit or anything that inspires you!
- Coloured chalk pastels
- Board (so support your paper)
- Paper towels / tissue
- Acrylic paints (all primary colours plus black and white)
- Brushes (variety of sizes)
- Large brush for priming canvas
- Canvas (A4 or bigger)
- Palette knives
- Palettes – Paper plates for acrylics or plastic lids would work
- Rags or newspaper to wipe brushes
- Comfortable old clothes to work in
- Table cloth to protect table
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Images: Beautiful works by previous class participants
Bookings are closed for this event.
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.