Painting Flowers – Acrylic
Art Workshop £35.00
Date: 6 February 2021
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Learn how to paint flowers using acrylic techniques!
In this one day course you will learn painting techniques to better paint flowers. This class is a great starting point for anyone new to painting or that would like to learn how to mix and apply paint. We will work from a inspiration flower photos.
Syllabus: Setting out; Preparing your surface, choosing a composition / Mapping light and dark values / Mark making / Acrylic painting techniques for flowers
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no password required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat 🙂
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Printed photograph of your inspiration image of flowers (this should be a photograph from life rather than a painting) OR you could to set up outside and paint from your garden
- Coloured chalk pastels
- Board (so support your paper)
- Paper towels / tissue
- Acrylic paints (all primary colours plus black and white)
- Brushes (variety of sizes)
- Large brush for priming canvas
- Canvas (A4 or bigger)
- Palette knives
- Palettes – Paper plates for acrylics or plastic lids would work
- Rags or newspaper to wipe brushes
- Comfortable old clothes to work in
- Table cloth to protect table
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Images: Participant work from previous class
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.