Portraiture, Acrylics & Colour
Art Workshop £40.00
Date: 7 November 2020
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
With a special focus on using bright colour you’ll learn portraiture techniques and tips to better paint portraits in acrylics using an inspiration photograph of your choice. Sketch studies drawn with charcoal and pastels will help inform the painting stage.
* Please have a printed photograph of your choice. This could be a photo of yourself or a loved one. Ideally it will be a portrait from the chest up and have enough detail and clarity to allow you to work from.
*This course is suitable for absolute beginners and up
– Charcoal and pastel drawings used as studies to inform value and colour in your painting
– Acrylic painting techniques: colour theory, blocking in colour, using directional brush strokes, creating form
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no pasword required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Printed photograph of your inspiration portrait (from life, not a painting)
- Coloured chalk pastels
- Board (so support your paper)
- Paper towels / tissue
- Acrylic paints (all primary colours plus black and white)
- Brushes (variety of sizes)
- Large brush for priming canvas
- Canvas (A4 or bigger)
- Palette knives
- Palettes – Paper plates for acrylics or plastic lids would work
- Rags or newspaper to wipe brushes
- Comfortable old clothes to work in
- Table cloth to protect table
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.