Seascapes and Fishy Things – Watercolour (2x sessions)
Art Course £45.00
Date: 5 December 2020
Time: 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Using seascapes, fish and marine life as inspiration participants will explore watercolour techniques.
*This course is suitable for absolute beginners.
Saturday December 5th & 12th
Day 1: Marine life (fish, jelly fish, octopus etc)
Day 2: Seascapes
- Setting out
- Watercolour washes and mingles washes
- Mixing colour to describe the sea
- Water effects techniques – paint application and textures
- Composition and creating depth of field
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no password required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat 🙂
You’ll need a few basic materials for the course:
- Inspiration images – marine creatures and seascape photos
– Watercolour paper / scrap paper
– Watercolour paints, either in pans or tubes
– Board (to support your paper)
– Tissue (paper towel, tp)
– Rubber / Pencil
– Sponge can be a sea sponge or any sponge you have
– Cup for water
– Palette or white plate
– Brushes (a variety of sizes and shapes)
– Painters tape
– Scrap paper to text colours
– Blade or pocket knife
– Cling film
– Spray bottle
– Coarse sea salt or table salt
– Piece of clear or white candle OR masking fluid
Images: Participant artwork
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Bookings are closed for this event.
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.