Art Workshop £35.00
Date: 17 October 2020
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
About this Event
You’ll learn watercolour techniques for painting portraits of loved ones.
We will start the session by looking at example artworks for inspiration followed by a practical tutorial by Flora (your tutor), followed by at pratice and guidance provided throughout where you will be able to ask questions.
- Setting out; Composition and transcribing your image
- Mapping light and dark values
- Learning to see – methods and techniques
- Watercolour techniques for portraits – paint application & skin tones in watercolour
- Approaches painting a picture that captures the subject’s personality
* Please have ready a printed photo you’ll be using as inspiration. I will show you techniques in tracing as a means of getting general proportions down. You may be thinking that tracing is cheating! It is not, it’s a handy tool. If you would rather free hand the drawing portion you’re welcome to do so.
*If you would like the option of tracing your portraits, please prepare by printing your image at the size and format you would like the final painting to be.
The sessions will be hosted through Zoom.
Please download the Zoom app. If you haven’t zoomed before don’t worry, it’s not complicated. A little blue camera symbol will pop up on your phone, pad and laptop.
You’ll find the Zoom link for the sessions on the booking ticket AND I will send you the link via email that will take you directly to the sessions (no pasword required) on the day of the workshop.
I will start the session 15mins before the official start of the workshop. This will give us an opportunity to iron out any technical difficulties if there are any and have a chat 🙂
– Inspiration image
– Watercolour paper / scrap paper
– Watercolour paints, either in pans or tubes
– Board (to support your paper)
– Tissue (paper towel, tp)
– Rubber / Pencil
– Cup for water
– Palette or white plate
– Brushes (a variety of sizes and shapes)
– Painters tape
– Scrap paper to text colours
– Blade or pocket knife
– Spray bottle
– Piece of clear or white candle OR masking fluid
Any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with Flora Ménager:
Adults only workshop 18+ yrs
Tickets are non refundable
Bookings are closed for this event.
By registering your booking you agree to the terms and conditions.